The Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival , (held November 16-17th,2019) kicks off the Season of the Eagles and Salmon, and celebrates the beauty and biodiversity of the Fraser Valley by honouring the majestic Bald Eagle and the Cycle of the Salmon.
Deep in the heart of “Sasquatch Country”, Harrison Mills is home to the world’s largest concentrated winter eagle gathering. Why? The raptors are drawn to the area by the millions of spawning salmon that travel up the Fraser River to tributaries, such as the Harrison River, which is also a certified Salmon Stronghold. You can witness the salmon run at our viewing bridge and see the eagles on the grounds and from our waterfront gazebo. Weaver Creek Spawning Channel is a wonderful spot to watch the Salmon Sun and just a few minutes up the road from us.
How to best experience the bald eagles!
1) Dine fire or patio-side at the Clubhouse and watch the eagles through our live cameras.
You can also enjoy a BBQ under our events tent.
- salmon burgers and beef burgers
- vegan soup
- salmon chowder
- coffee, tea, special coffees with Baileys Liqueur, wine and beer
2) Dine at Rowena’s Inn for our Step Back in Time themed dinners on December 15th. Not available that day? No problem! We can book private events of all sizes. Be sure to ask about the King’s Table (It is literally fit for a king!)
5) Get out on the water and book a Bald Eagle Viewing Boat Tour with us! Leave right from our personal dock.*
This scenic jet boat tour takes guests down the Harrison River to the mid-river. Watch the eagles feast on the salmon! You will be amazed by the size of these birds and just how majestic they are in flight! From above, you will enjoy the stunning scenery and bird life. By looking down, you will witness various species of salmon as they mingle and select their mates for the upcoming spawn. Through underwater hull cameras, witness the aquatic life below the boat, which can be viewed on one of our high quality onboard 19-inch screens.
*Note: Should the Harrison River prevent access due to water levels, we will provide shuttle service, for groups of four or more, from our resort to a nearby loading area in Harrison Hot Springs
6) Enjoy our on-site entertainment with Indigenous carvers here all weekend, arriving at 10:00 am and
Deroche Farmer’s Market vendors.
- Global Playground (Xmas ornaments)
- Crystals by Christy
- Sasquatch Trails Granola… granola and cookies
- Three Suns Silver… hand crafted jewellry
- Farmstead Naturals… soap and body care
- Farmstead Jams… jams and jellies
- Sandpaper & Stitches… wood cutting boards and crocheted animals
- MRHotstuff… garlic, spices, salsas and jellies
- Weaver Creek Farm… bread, canned delectables and hand dyed fabrics
- Almost an Acre… soup and muffin take home mixes, toques, mitts, scarves
- Haberdashery Hounds + Co… decorative pillows, dog scarves
- Puppy Love Treat Mix (Sat only)… take home dog treat mix
- SweetLegs (Sun only)… leggings
- Tanner Photography (Sun only)… wood mounted photos
- Organa Wellness (Sun only)… CBD healthcare products
- Brilliantly Creative (Sun only)… wire designed trees
Explore our property by downloading this property map!
* To print the PDF map in one page, please choose “Fit” or “Fit to Page” in your Printer Settings.