The Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival , (held November 2019) kicks off the Season of the Eagles and Salmon, and celebrates the beauty and biodiversity of the Fraser Valley by honouring the majestic Bald Eagle and the Cycle of the Salmon.
Deep in the heart of “Sasquatch Country”, Harrison Mills is home to the world’s largest concentrated eagle gathering. The raptors are drawn to the area by the millions of spawning salmon that travel up the Fraser River to tributaries, such as the Harrison River.
This video captures the gathering beautifully.
The estuary is also home to wildlife–trumpeter swans, ducks, seal, bear, coyote, deer and the great white sturgeon.
Situated on the banks of the Harrison River, our resort is the perfect place to watch this phenomenon.
Here are a few different ways!
1) Dine fire or patio-side at the Clubhouse and order a la carte. Watch the eagles through our live cameras.
2) Dine at Rowena’s Inn for our Step Back in Time themed dinner . The focus is on salmon caught from our backyard–it’s river to plate. Not available that day? No problem! We can book private events of all sizes. Be sure to ask about the King’s Table (It is literally fit for a king!) Contact Cara for details.
3) Golf at Sandpiper and watch the eagles soar from the trees or from our eagle viewing gazebo. Better yet, why drive home after? Spend the night at Rowena’s Inn and cozy up by the fire. This event receives worldwide attention, so we recommend booking right away.
4) Until then, watch the eagles through our live cameras from the comfort of your own home. The eagles are here from November until January.
* To print the PDF map in one page, please choose “Fit” or “Fit to Page” in your Printer Settings.